Feb 20, 2023

The Old House and the Pigeon's Nest: A Story of Sentimentality and Compassion


My father inherited an old, vintage house from his late grandfather, and although it was large, it was located in a semi-abandoned area on the outskirts of the city, surrounded on all sides by the properties of a wealthy businessman. It had only one entrance and exit, which was a narrow side street.


My father faced financial difficulties in his business and had to put the old house up for sale. However, due to its remote location, no one was interested in buying it. After several months of being on the market, a senior trader finally approached him with a very reasonable offer, agreeing to pay the full price in cash on the day of the contract signing at the old house the following week. He informed my father that he would demolish the house the next day and build large commercial warehouses in its place.

A week later, my father went to the old house on the appointed day to sign the contract. He inspected the house, reminiscing about old memories and remembering his late grandfather. He noticed a dove's nest on one of the walls with unhatched eggs. In that moment, the trader arrived and asked for permission to enter. My father allowed him and they began to write the contract. However, my father was preoccupied with the dove's nest and stopped writing for a moment, lost in thought. Suddenly, he looked up and asked the trader, "Can you delay the demolition of the house for just one month?"

The trader asked him why, and my father replied, "Actually, there is a dove's nest with unhatched eggs, and I fear that if the house is demolished, the eggs may break. I will bear the burden of this responsibility before God on the Day of Judgment."

Upon hearing this, the trader burst into uncontrollable laughter and began to mock my father's reason for delaying the demolition. However, my father was a compassionate and devout man, and he insisted on delaying the signing of the contract until the eggs hatched and the baby doves flew away. The trader thought my father was making a mockery of him and became angry, but eventually, he relented and agreed to the delay.

A month later, my father returned to the old house with the trader, and to their amazement, they found that the baby doves had hatched and flown away. The trader was moved by my father's kindness and devotion, and he withdrew his plans to demolish the house, deciding instead to restore it and turn it into a museum. The house became a symbol of my father's love for his late grandfather, and it brought joy and hope to many people who visited it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Application Security for PHP Programmers: Best Practices and Techniques

Web application security is a critical concern for PHP programmers, and it's important to be well-versed in security practices to ensure...